1. All bookings are considered provisional until a booking form and deposit have been received. A provisional booking will be held for up to 4 days, after which time we reserve the right to cancel it if we have not received a booking form and deposit. We will acknowledge receipt of every booking form and deposit by email.
2. The deposit is non-refundable and will be deducted from the final bill. The amount of the non-refundable deposit will be given at the time of making the provisional booking.
3. Guests are advised to check that they have received their email confirmation and to contact Lakeside Retreat if no such email has been received within 7 days of sending the booking form and deposit.
4. lakeside Retreat can only accept payment through cash or bank transfer. We cannot accept debit or credit card payments. Please make sure that you use an easily identifiable reference (e.g. your name) if paying by bank transfer.
5. The outstanding balance is to be paid one month before the beginning of your stay at Lakeside Retreat.
6. Should you have to cancel your booking, the deposit you have given remains non-refundable. Lakeside Retreat is a small centre and the cancellation of a booking seriously affects our income, as we may not be able to rebook your place.
If less than 2 months notice of cancellation is given, 50% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than one month’s notice of cancellation is given, 100% of the full fee will be charged.
In exceptional circumstances, it might be possible to transfer a proportion of the payment to another event at Lakeside Retreat.
7. Guests are advised to consider taking out insurance to cover their costs in the event of a cancellation.
8. Lakeside Retreat cannot accept liability for loss or damage to any vehicle or other property belonging to any person, or organisation sustained by them, whilst on any part of Lakeside Retreat premises.
9. Guests may be liable for the cost of repair or replacement for any damage caused to Lakeside Retreat property or possessions.
10. Lakeside Retreat assures its guests that no personal information is shared with a third party. All data collected from guests in connection with their booking will be kept in accordance with the current Data Protection legislation.
11. We are keen to ensure that guests enjoy their stay. However, in the unlikely event that a guest is unsatisfied with any aspect of his/her stay, then we ask that the guest contact us/the owner who will attempt to resolve the matter.
1. In addition to the appropriate clauses made in the section on “Individual Bookings”, the following Terms and Conditions apply to group bookings.
2. The non-refundable deposit for a group booking is 15% of the total payment due, or 300 euros, whichever is the larger amount.
3. Residential bookings of more than four people booking together at the same time for the same event will be classified as a group booking.
4. A named individual must be identified as the group leader at the time of booking. The named individual will be the main point of contact between the group and Lakeside Retreat unless otherwise agreed. Groups will be classified as a corporate body to whom one invoice will be issued.
5. Cancellation fees will be charged on all cancelled bookings (full or partial) and will be based on the numbers given on the booking form, or revised numbers subsequently advised in writing. The cancellation fee is as follows:
If less than six months notice of cancellation is given, then 50% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than three months notice of cancellation is given, then 75% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than one month’s notice of cancellation is given, then 100% of the full fee will be charged.
6. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that s/he is in possession of the correct rates for the dates in question.
7. The designated group leader must provide a list of participants and any special needs, including dietary needs, to Lakeside Retreat not less than one month prior to arrival. We will do our best to meet various dietary needs but please be aware that we are a small house/organisation and have to make a distinction between meeting dietary needs and catering for food preferences. The group leader, or the participant concerned, must contact us in good time if there are any serious concerns about traces of allergens, as we may not be able to meet them. For example, the Lakeside Retreat kitchen is not a nut-free environment.
8. Items may not be offered for sale without the prior agreement of the owner of Lakeside Retreat.
9. Any special requests (e.g. the use or availability of electronic equipment or particular materials/resources) must be made in good time. Lakeside Retreat will do their best to accommodate certain requests but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
10. Lakeside Retreat reserves the right to make additional charges for any additional requirements made available which were not agreed at the time of booking.